Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Blog Thinking


Lately I find myself thinking to myself as if I am blogging.  I catch myself introducing feelings and views of life to myself with a witty or thought provoking introductory sentence, followed by colourful language, and interesting examples.  It’s not the first time I’ve done this.  In fact, it is probably the fifth or sixth season of “blog thinking” for me.  I’m not sure if it is my way of dealing with the fact that much of my day is spent talking with young people (my own or others) and I want to share my thoughts with more grownups.  Or if, perhaps, it is my way of narrating my life, subtly giving it more meaning - the meaning I know it has, but which sometimes goes unacknowledged during the day to day.  I also think it may be my way of working out my extroverted thinking so that I don’t have to say so much aloud.  Nevertheless, I am sure that I will ponder the true reason for this interesting inclination for quite a while.

Nonetheless, here I am blog thinking again.  This time, however, I am putting some of my blog thoughts down into words.  I am not sure what will become of this, quite honestly.  I am contemplating starting an actual blog and even placed that as a very momentary status on my Facebook profile.  Yet, I haven’t decided 1) if my blog thinking will continue long enough to make a good run at it, 2) if my blog thinking is worthy of cyberspace space, or 3) if my blog thinking should be for me alone or for others to ponder.  It’s not as if I would expect to have a large following.  I’m not sure what the initial draw would be or if anyone would get hooked.  It is also not as if I would expect to have some large impact on the lives of others, though how cool would it be if it did.  I just think I might find some additional meaning, in putting my thoughts and ideas “out there” for others to contemplate.  I’m assuming it couldn’t hurt...but then again it might.  I will just wait and see what becomes of this.

By the way, this was originally written January 8th, 2011.  It's taken me that amount of time to decide to put myself...and my blog thinking...out here, for others to potentially see, critique, and ponder.  As I said, I assume this couldn't hurt, but then again it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, feelings, or your own related experiences. I love that! And, as always, thanks for stopping by!