Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Hoyts

It's been a few days since I've written, but the post I hoped to have up tonight is still in process.  So in it's place, I will leave something that is sure to inspire you.

Today, because of a FB friend's link, I was reminded about the story of Dick and Rick Hoyt.  I first saw a video about the father and son a few years ago during a staff training.  I couldn't help but cry.  And, I wasn't the only one.

I was amazed by the love of this man toward his son.  Sacrificial love.  Live out loud love.  Selfless love.  I was amazed by the determination and passion of this son.  Gutsy.  Brave.  Amazing.

As I watched, I was challenged and humbled as an individual and as a parent.  Those feelings rang true again today.  It caused me to pause and think about the ways in which I love my children and how much more I might be able to love them.

And, as I watched, I was reminded again of the great potential that lies within each of us.

There are a number of videos out there about Dick and Rick.  The one I'm linking to is from the Ironman Triathalon channel.  Many of the others are set to songs which, of course, are real tear jerkers as well.  The story really speaks for itself.  I don't need to say anything else except, "Watch it and grow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, feelings, or your own related experiences. I love that! And, as always, thanks for stopping by!